Other stuff!

The Dreamers Trailer

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Young Author Spotlight: Spencer Brokaw

Today, I have the honor of introducing to you a fellow teen author, and online friend Spencer Brokaw. I am going to be starting a series of blog posts that sponsor, or spotlight young authors around the US. I learned about Spencer when he did a guest post on a twitter follower's blog. I commented on it, we got in touch, and, as a result, you are reading this right now! I want to thank him for helping me out on his site as well, and hope this can be the first of many blog posts to follow.


I published my first book, The Impenetrable Spy in 2011 at age 12. I love writing, and plan on making The Impenetrable Spy a 3 book series, with the spin-off series, Agent J also being a series. I live in Ohio and love to swim, read, write, play the drums, and play video games.


"Espionage is a lot of fun to write. I like writing books that involve lots of action, because they are the most fun to write for me, and make my own heart pound while writing them."


The Impenetrable Spy is about newly recruited CIA agent, Zack Carter. He creates a Time Machine that allows him to go back in time when he is killed, making him Impenetrable. Zack is the perfect spy, and his missions involve a lot of bloodshed for that reason; the CIA can trust that he’ll make it back alive, even though he is going after the most ruthless people on the most dangerous missions. He travels across the continent, in a search for Wang Bo, the Chinese leader (who is also
doubling as a terrorist) has found a statue that will “make your worst fears come alive.” Zack must stop him, before the statue is gifted to the American president at a world meeting. Zack races to stop him, while encountering several other enemies, including Vincent Bon Jones and a psychopath named Vladimir.



* * *

Brief Interview with Spencer


What is your writing history?

I began writing at 6 and 7, making short stories, and eventually writing a
longer story that was about 21 notebook pages long. I continued writing,
and wrote Agent J, my first story written on a computer. This inspired The
Impenetrable Spy, and Jack, the main character in Agent J becomes a
reoccurring character in The Impenetrable Spy series. As of now, I am
writing Agent J from scratch, and plan on publishing it as a spin-off
series. I published in June 2011, a few weeks after school let out. I went
through Kindle Direct Publishing, Createspace, Nook’s PubIt, and
Smashwords. All deliver to different platforms.


What do you dream by?


Lots of things inspire me. I read a lot, and it shows through a lot in my
writing. I used to draw a lot, and it inspired the idea of a super-hero
series I plan on writing eventually. I even drew the cover to The
Impenetrable Spy.

Music is a giant inspiration. I listen to Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, RUSH,
Van Halen, Ratt, and AC/DC, just to name a few. I am a big drummer. I have
always loved drumming, and had an electric drum kit in my room for a while,
until it stopped working properly. If being an author works out, and I
eventually make money for my writing, I would love to buy a nice drum set,
and have an entire room dedicated to music, with CD’s, a stereo, my drums,
and anything else music related.


To learn more about Spencer and his book, be sure to visit his website, spencerbrokaw.com



I hope you enjoyed the first Young Author Spotlight on The Dreamers Adventures! Spencer is a great kid with a pretty intense book! You should really check it out!



If you would like to be sponsored in a Young Author Spotlight, and have somehow found this post, email me at oliverdahl.1@hotmail.com and I can get you set up!


Dream on!

Sam Kullen

&

Oliver Dahl


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...